Put your hand up if you've scored an extra day without washing your hair by just adding a little dry shampoo into your roots?
DIY DRY SHAMPOO
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot
- 1 tbsp Bi-carb Soda (this can be avoided by upping the arrowroot)
- 6 drops of your favourite essential oil (such as lavender, lemon, rosemary, peppermint etc) **not required.
- Reds - 2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Blacks - 2 tbsp of active Charcoal
- Coffee - great for hiding greys and stimulate your roots making your hair stronger.
- Fenugreek - useful for fighting dandruff and scalp issues.
- Zinc Oxide - great for sensitives and has a calming effect on scalps.
- Use an old dry power brush is an easy way to work the power into the roots of your hair.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes before brushing.
- A bit lumpy? You might have used too much cocoa powder. (Dial it down).
- Don't want to use cocoa and you've got dark hair? Apply the dry shampoo overnight and brush out in the morning.